Peas Pulao is a wonderful and comforting rice dish.It is not very spicy and hence it turns out to be kids favorite. It is a great party recipe it takes hardly 10 minutes to make it and comes handy when you have big menu to prepare.It is at its best with spicy vegetarian gravies.
Green Peas the important ingredient in this dish has a vibrant color and flavor. It is filled with nutrients like Vitamins, Minerals, Dietary fiber ,Folic acid etc., This dish will surely supercharge you !!!!
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Green Peas - 1 cup
Onion - 1 no
Green Chilly - 2 no
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Cashew - 5 no
Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 no
Cardamom - 2 no
Bay leaf - 2 no
Salt - for taste
Ghee - 3 tsp
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Grind green chillies and mint leaves into a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee and add cinnamon,cardamom, bayleaf, cashews.
- Add finely chopped onions,little mint leaves and saute well.
- Add ginger garlic paste,green chilly paste, salt and saute well.
- Once raw smell is gone. Add the peas and mix well.
- Add required water (for 1 cup rice add 1.5 cup of water) include coconut milk in water count and allow it to boil.
- Add rice,sprinkle lemon juice and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve Hot with spicy gravy.