Chicken 65 is a dry chicken dish which is a great starter. There is a big confusion why the dish is called so and what is relevance of the 65. The one we commonly hear is the starter is made out of chicken that is 65 days old roughly 2 months and hence it would be soft and one another is this dish was introduced in 1965 at Buhari's a popular restaurant in Chennai. Not sure on what is true and who cares it is a great recipe so why bother about the name. :-)
It is a great party recipe as the boneless chicken requires very less cleaning time and one other special mention is. Try out your dishes with halal chicken instead of the frozen there is a great difference in the taste mostly the gravies. This is a easy and spicy chicken dish which requires no expert.Mix all spices,leave it alone for a hour or two and then deep fry !!!
Boneless Chicken - 1 lb
Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Red color - a pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 pieces
Cardamom - 3 no
Clove - 2 no
Curd - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Cornflour - 2 tsps
Egg - 1 no (optional)
Salt - for taste
Oil - for deep fry
- Wash and cut the chicken into medium size pieces.
- Dry roast cinnamon, clove and seeds from the cardamom in medium flame.
- Allow the above contents to cool and grind it into a coarse powder.
- To the chicken add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder,cumin powder, ground powder, ginger garlic paste,salt and mix well.
- Mix the red food color in drops of water and add it to the chicken.
- Add the curd, lemon juice and corn flour to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg if interested (I did not add it).
- Marinate the chicken for 2-4 hours.
- Heat oil and carefully cook the chicken.
- Place the chicken pieces on a tissue to remove excess oil.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, lemon wedges and Serve Hot.