After missing this delicious side dish day before yesterday was hoping to make it soon.Today had a wonderful lunch at my friends place and wanted to have something light for dinner.Thinking of light dinner there comes Idly(Rice cakes) on its way moreover wanted to finish my Idly batter soon.On deciding the main dish,thought to make the Tomato Thokku which goes along well with it. It is easy and taste different than the normal chutney's we make as we do not use coconut in it.
This side dish is made out of Tomatoes, onions and can be had with Idly, Dosa, Chappati.
Tomato - 4 no
Onion - 2 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes,curry leaves, coriander leaves.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds in medium flame.
- Add onion, curry leaves and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and saute well.
- Smash the tomatoes and add 1/2 cup and allow it cool.
- Once the tomatoes are well cooked and oil separates garnish with fresh coriander leaves.Serve Hot.