Tindora or Kovakkai is said not to have much of nutrients..we cannot always think about nutritional factors..Come on we have to delight our taste buds now and then...Normally people deep fry this veggie but this one is tastier than deep fry.It does take little more time than the normal vegetable cooking but you should you wait for the reaction from your loved ones to forget that..Though it was spicy my shweety asked "Mommy want some more"
This spicy veg side dish is made with freshly ground spices..It is yummy with all rice items.Try out.Sending this to Preethi's Green Gourmet event.
Tindora - 1/2 lb
Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Salt - for taste
Red Chilly - 4 nos
Coconut flakes - 3 tsps
Urid Dhal - 1 tsp
Channa Dal - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil and roast urid dhal, channa dal, cumin seeds, coconut flakes, red chilly.
- Allow the contents to cool and grind it to a coarse powder.
- Cut the vegetable lengthwise.
- In a vessel add the vegetable, chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, ground powder and mix well.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and add the mustard and allow it to splutter.
- Add the vegetable mix and sprinkle some water and allow it to get cooked.
- Make sure the masala does not get burnt. This will spoil the taste.
- Once the vegetable is cooked, reduce the flame and dry it.
- Serve Hot.