When we are forced to have veg and want to have some spicy rice.Mushroom Biryani is a good choice.It is said mushrooms have low nutritional value not sure about that but can use the vegetables and compensate it.So I always prepare it with the veggies.
Mushroom - 10 - 15 no
Carrot,beans,cabbage,peas - 2 cups
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Onion - 4 no
Tomato - 3 no
Ginger - 2 pieces
Garlic Cloves - 6 no
Green Chilly - 3 no
Bay leaf - 3 no
Cinnamon - 2 sticks
Cardamom - 2 no
Cloves - 2 no
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 cup
lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt - for taste
Oil - 3 tsp
Ghee 2 tsp
- Wash and cut the mushroom into medium size pieces. Wash rice and soak for 15 min.
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chilly, turmeric powder, fennel seeds
- Place a pressure cooker,pour the oil and ghee, add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf in medium flame
- Add onions, curry leaves,mint leaves and saute well until onion is transparent
- Add ground mixture, followed by tomato and saute until oil comes out.
- Add required water (include coconut milk in the water count) and allow it to boil.
- At this stage add the rice, sprinkle the lemon juice and pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium high it takes 7 - 10 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with onion raitha.